Provides administrative support to the Fairfax Headquarters Office. As part of the Administrative Services team, this individual would also assist other Administrative Services team members with essential office duties. Teamwork is crucial in the Office Assistant role.
Apply online at http://careers.adtekengineers.com
. ADTEK Engineers offers competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, holidays, and retirement. We conduct a pre-employment background investigation and are a drug-free workplace. EEO Employer F/M/Veteran/Disabled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Office Support
- Profit Center Support
- Project Support
- Archive project files on a monthly basis
- Organize / maintain project files, drawings
- electronic file structure for projects at start-up
- Format specifications for submittals (including those for the federal government)
- Process shop drawings
- Log external/internal reimbursable costs
- Provide word processing support for correspondence and documentation
- Large format printing, collating, folding
- Process, stamp, and seal drawings
- Stamp and copy projects
- Corporate Support
- Reproduction and Binding as needed
- Performing minor accounting and bookkeeping duties
- Collate and assemble marketing and federal project mailings
- File proposals and contracts into binders
- Add/update client contacts in the corporate database
- Copy reimbursable invoices for the accounting department
- Fold and mail out invoices
- Data entry support as required
- Assist in the planning of the annual open house event and office employee social events
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
An Associate Degree or 2-year equivalent is desired. 3-5 years of related experience is required. In lieu of 3-5 years of experience, the employee may substitute a Bachelors Degree. Proficiency with MS Office (MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel) required, experience with DELTEK Vision or similar accounting system is desired.
- The employee must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English.
- The employee must be assertive, have excellent communication skills, and be able to effectively function in a fast-paced professional work environment.
- Candidate should have superior writing abilities and be able to establish effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to readily manage rapidly shifting work priorities, multiple task assignments and can work independently.
- Strong organizational, time management skills and attention to detail required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Work requires travel to local government buildings, post office, client offices, office supply stores, and other ADTEK offices. This requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license and automobile beginning on the first day of employment.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Excellent organizational and ability to multitask
- Time management skills
- Problem-solving, basic troubleshooting, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 45 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Evening and weekend work may be required. Work requires local travel and possible distance travel, possibly several hours in duration.