ADTEK Engineers, Inc. is looking for a Structural Engineer for our Fairfax, VA office. This position involves the structural design of various light-gauge steel, commercial, government, and multi-family residential buildings. This position requires the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting all project deadlines and providing exemplary client service. We seek candidates who enjoy and react to the rewarding and challenging atmosphere we provide.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in all aspects of the project -- from the preliminary study to design engineering and plans and specifications.
- Understands all engineering design tasks associated with system selection, evaluation and design, management, planning, and direction of project construction document preparation.
- Responsible for analyzing, designing, and detailing structural elements for steel, masonry, and concrete buildings.
- Redline drawings and back-check markups in a timely manner for CADD Support Staff.
- Works effectively with and supports Team Leader while coordinating with our architecture and contractor clients.
- Interacts and communicates effectively with other team members.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Apply online at http://careers.adtekengineers.com/careers. ADTEK Engineers offers competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, holidays, and retirement. We conduct a pre-employment background investigation and are a drug-free workplace. EEO Employer F/M/Veteran/Disabled.
- FE (EIT) required
- 1-3 years of design experience in base structural projects required; light-gauge/cold-formed steel experience is a plus
- Engineering degree from accredited college or university
- Must be a sound team member with excellent communication skills
- AutoCAD required; working knowledge of Revit preferred